What’s better than baked banana goods?
The SMELL of baked banana goods!
I know waking up to the smell of a freshly baked banana loaf is irresistible! Especially when the kitchen is filled with a warm cozy smell of bananas baking with maple syrup and a hint of cinnamon. It’s just a great way to start the day.
…these Vegan Banana Muffins are no exception!
They are so soft, moist and fluffy on the inside, with a crispy golden-edge. If you’re feeling like a warm and cozy snack that will make your heart melt, this one is for you!
Let’s talk cooking!
With only 12 ingredients and 5 easy steps, these muffins will be your favourite thing to bake for the Holidays!
Sift in the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Give it a good mix. Whisk the wet ingredients in a separate bowl – making sure the brown sugar is fully dissolved. Add the dry bowl to the wet ones, and slowly fold everything to combine.
Prepare a muffin tray with muffin paper cups – coated with oil spray. Scoop out the mixture into each. Sprinkle some edible stars (optional) on top of the muffins. Top off each with a small banana coin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let cool for 30 minutes.
Note: Remove them from the oven when the top is crusted, and a toothpick comes out clean in the centre.
Make these muffins over the weekend and enjoy them for breakfast or as a mid-day snack. Have them slightly warmed up, with a spread of vegan butter (or peanut butter) if you’d like. They’re so fluffy and moist, with warm and cozy flavours that will fill your home with a beautiful banana smell!
Hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will enjoy it! If you do, I would love to see your recreation and learn how it went. Leave me a comment here and tag me in your photos on Instagram/Facebook/TikTok @demeals.ca #demeals
Vegan Banana Muffins
- Wet Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups Mashed Ripe Banana
About 2-3 Large
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Dry Ingredients
2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Salt
- The Rest
Edible mini stars – Optional
Banana – Sliced into circles – Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F | 177 C.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl – making sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Sift in the dry ingredients into a separate bowl, and give it a good mix.
- Add in the dry bowl to the wet one, and slowly fold everything to combine.
- Prepare a muffin tray with paper cups – coated with oil spray. Scoop out the mixture into each. Sprinkle with edible stars and top off each with a small banana coin (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes – until the top is crusted, and a toothpick comes out clean in the centre. Remove and dig in!
Enjoy your demeal!