Sure, it’s almost the end of 2020 and I’m just posting a recipe for a banana bread.
I made a few other banana breads earlier this year, mostly mixed in with other toppings and flavours. Like my Vegan Walnut Banana Bread and Pumpkin Chocolate Banana Bread (also vegan!). This time though, I wanted to make one that’s just…bananas!
Introducing my Vegan Banana Bread!
This banana bread is soft and moist on the inside, with a golden crusted top. Made in under 10 steps, with only 12 ingredients, and 15 minutes of prepping time. Oh, and a lot of patience!
I find the secret to getting that moist and fluffy interior is the cooling time. It’s essential. It takes almost just as long to cool the bread, as it does to bake it. But the end result is promising!
Make sure you let it cool in the loaf pan for at least 1 full hour. Remove it from the pan and let it rest for another 15 minutes, if possible. That will allow the bread to cool down completely and harden the top a little. The more patience you have the better!
Why make it?
This Vegan Banana Bread pairs well with so many options to make a lovely simple breakfast on a busy day. Warm up a slice and spread with vegan butter/peanut butter/maple syrup and add some of your favourite toppings.
Or have it plain with a side of tea for a simple afternoon snack!
Make this banana bread during the upcoming Holidays for an easy light dessert. It’ll make everyone at the table go bananas! 😉
Hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will enjoy it! If you do, I would love to see your recreation and learn how it went. Leave me a comment here and tag me in your photos on Instagram/Facebook/TikTok @demeals.ca #demeals
Vegan Banana Bread
- Wet Ingredients
2 Tbsp Ground Chia
6 Tbsp Water
3-4 Large Ripe Bananas – Mashed into 2 Cups
1 Cup Veggie Oil
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup/Agave
2 Cups Brown Sugar
- Dry Ingredients
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Salt
- The Rest
1 Banana – Sliced in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 F | 190 C.
- Prepare the chia eggs by whisking the ground chia with the water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the chia eggs and whisk again.
- Sift in the dry ingredients to the bowl. Slowly fold everything to combine.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and oil spray.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan and sprinkle brown sugar. Then top it off with the sliced banana.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes (depending on your oven) – until a toothpick comes out clean, and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool for at least 1 hour – remove the banana bread from the pan and cut into 10 slices.
Enjoy your #demeal!