Who said salads have to be boring? This one will make you change your mind if you think they do. I’m not really a huge fan of salads myself. But when I do make a salad, I try to make it fun and special. This Sweet Quinoa Salad is called sweet for a reason. It’s dressed in a Pomegranate based vinaigrette, mixed in with an herby Italian Seasoning.
Double up on the ingredients for more servings to store as meal prep. Make sure you do not mix in the dressing all at once, and instead use it only when having the meal. Because of the water in the Cucumbers, the salad will only be good for 3 days at max.
Check out the Video recipe at the bottom for a step-by-step mini tutorial.
Hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will enjoy it! If you do, I would love to see your recreation and learn how it went. Leave me a comment here and tag me on Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/TikTok @demeals.ca #demeals
Sweet Quinoa Salad
1/2 Cup Cucumber
1/4 Cup Red Cabbage
1/4 Cup Spinach
1/8 Cup Parsley
1 Cup Orange Bell Pepper
3/4 Cup Parsnips
4 Small Radishes
1.5 Cups Quinoa
Cooked and cooled – Leftovers are even better
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Lemon – Squeezed
2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tsp Pomegranate Molasses
You can add more if you like it more sweet
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
Pinch of Salt
- Start by cooking your Quinoa – If you do not have any leftovers.
The cooler they are, the sooner you eat your salad
- Preheat the oven to 375 F | 190 C.
- Chop up all the veggies into a very small size – The closer it is to the Quinoa grain, the better.
I left my radishes in small circular shape just for fun
- Roast the mini chopped Bell Pepper and Parsnips for 15 minutes
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients in a bowl.
If you make an excess amount, save it for later salads
- Once Quinoa, Bell Pepper, and Parsnips are cooled and ready, add everything to a large bowl and mix it gently until everything in the salad is evenly distributed.
- Drizzle the salad with the Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing, give it another toss and serve.
Enjoy your demeal!