Nothing against a delicious moist and fluffy banana bread. Except for one with pumpkin and chocolate in it! I made a few banana breads this year, but it wasn’t until I made my Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Muffin that I wanted to keep baking with pumpkin. It’s just perfect for the season!
Last Monday was a Thanksgiving Holiday here in Canada. My friends and I gathered around (in a small group) for a little Friendsgiving celebration. It was a potluck, cultured-theme. Along with my “Sushi” Yalanji Bites, I wanted to share this new rich Pumpkin Chocolate Banana Bread with my friends, for a fall-inspired dessert.
Hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will enjoy it! If you do, I would love to see your recreation and learn how it went. Leave me a comment here and tag me on Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/TikTok @demeals.ca #demeals
Pumpkin Chocolate Banana Bread
- Dry Bowl
2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Wet Bowl
1 Mashed Banana
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
6 Tbsp Almond Butter
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- The Rest
1 Sliced Banana – sliced in half
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Brown Sugar – sprinkling the top
- Preheat oven to 400 F | 205 C
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small heat-proof bowl, placed on a small pot of boiling water. Stir until fully liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Mix everything together and add in the brown sugar. Mix again to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk it up.
- Gradually add the wet bowl to the dry bowl while you slowly whisk – until the mixture becomes orangey and well-combined.
- Remove 1 1/2 Cups of the mix into a third bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix it up.
- In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and oil spray, add 1/4 of the pumpkin mix – spread evenly. Add the chocolate mix to the centre and spread to form a thick line in the middle. Then add the rest of the pumpkin mix and spread evenly to cover all sides.
- Top it off with the sliced banana, brown sugar, and some more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hr 15 mins (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Let it cool in the pan for about 45 minutes before removing.
Enjoy your demeal!