Tofu bites are by far my favourite way of having Tofu. They are a great option for adding fun little cubes of delicious protein to your bowl. Whether that’s a bowl of rice, salad, or just a big bowl of Tofu appetizer bites!
These Tofu bites are perfect for a nice summer meal. They’re crispy, flavourful, and super delicious. Did I mention how easy they are to make?
Let’s talk cooking!
When making this recipe, keep in mind that it is very strong in flavour. So feel free to adjust/reduce any of the spices to meet your needs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Extra-firm Tofu
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Greek Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Onion Powder
- Ginger Powder
- Black Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Peanut Oil
- Plant-based Butter
- Oil Spray
Make sure the Tofu block is well drained from excess water, and pressed under a bowl of heavy fruits for 15 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the Spice Mix in a small bowl. When ready, cut up the Tofu block into small 2-inch cubes.
Move the Tofu cubes into a large bowl and add a couple Tbsp of the Spice Mix. Stir the cubes to coat the Tofu in the Spice Mix. Add another 1-2 Tbsp for extra flavour.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and oil spray. Place the Tofu on the parchment paper, leaving enough space between the cubes. Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes, at 400 F | 205 C – make sure you flip each cube halfway.
Heat the Oil and Butter in a pan over medium heat. Whisk the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl – adding the Cornstarch last. Then add the Sauce and the Tofu cubes to the pan to sear off for a couple of minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Remove from heat and enjoy your demeal!
Hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure you will enjoy it! If you do, I would love to see your recreation and learn how it went. Leave me a comment here and tag me on Instagram/Facebook/Pinterest/TikTok @demeals.ca #demeals
Lemon Pepper TofuCourse: Lunch, Snacks
- Spice Mix
3 Tbsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
2 Tsp Greek Seasoning
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Ginger Powder
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
Adjust to taste
The juice of 1 lemon
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Cornstarch
- The Rest
1 Block Extra-firm Tofu
Pressed and drained – See Notes (1)
1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
1 Tsp Plant-based Butter
Green Onion/Parsley/Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven at 400 F | 205 C.
- Cut the pressed Tofu into 2-inch cubes – Making sure it’s well drained.
- Add the Tofu cubes to a large bowl with the Spice Mix.
- Stir the Tofu until they were well coated.
Tip: gradually add the spices and stir so you don’t over season
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and oil spray.
- Place the Tofu bites on the pan – Spacing them out.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Flipping each Tofu bite halfway
Remove from the oven and serve immediately as crispy Tofu snack bites. Or dress them with a Lemon Sauce in a hot pan.
- Heat the Oil and Butter in a pan over medium-heat
- Whisk the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl – Adding Cornstarch last. Then add the Sauce and Tofu to the pan.
- Cook for a couple minutes while stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
Enjoy your demeal!
- (1) For best texture on the tofu, use the double-freeze method. Press and drain the tofu completely from the liquids. Then freeze in a ziplock bag overnight. Thaw in the morning, and freeze again for a few more hours (another overnight is even better). Thaw the block, drain any excess liquid again, and cut it up to cook.