Ever combined bananas and dates in baking?
It’s a heavenly combo!
They make a subtle sweet flavour, rich in nutrients like fibre and potassium. It’s a fun cozy treat!
These muffins are soft and moist, with rich chocolaty flavours. They’re dairy-free & vegan, with minimal refined sugars (from choco chips, cocoa powder, etc.).
Here’s a quick video for those muffins!
They’re Naturally Sweetened!
I made these muffins using my Date Paste recipe!
Aside from its health benefits, the paste also acts as a binder in this recipe. Along with the vegan yogurt, they make these muffins rich and moist, yet light and airy. With the perfect sweetness coming from both the bananas and dates!
Substitution + Tips:
- If you prefer to go without the date paste (why should you?!), you can use brown sugar instead. Substitute for 1 cup.
- You can sub in apple sauce for the mashed bananas, if you’re not a fan. Use about 1 1/4 cup instead.
- The yoghurt makes the muffins a little more rich than fluffy. Feel free to switch it up for an additional 1/2 cup of milk + 1/4 cup nut (or seed) butter.
Here’s a quick video for the Date Paste!
Hope you give this vegan recipe a try. I’m sure you’ll love it! If you do, I’d love to hear about your experience. Leave me a comment below, and rate the recipe with ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This will help us sustain demeals.
Take a photo of your dish, and tag us on Instagram @demeals.ca #demeals so we can see your remake!
Vegan Chocolate Banana Dates MuffinsCourse: Dessert, Treat, BakingDifficulty: Easy
- Wet Ingredients
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup date paste – recipe posted earlier
1/3 cup vegan cultured almond yoghurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plant milk (I used oat milk) – Earth’s Own
- Dry Ingredients
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour, measured & sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 tsp salt
- The Rest
Dark Chocolate Chips, dairy-free – Enjoy Life
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (or 177 C).
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sifted dry ingredients using a whisk/fork.
- Add the dry bowl to the wet bowl. Gently fold everything using a spatula, making sure all the dry ingredients are mixed in. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over-mix.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin cups, and spray oil.
- Scoop out a little under 1/4 cup of the mix for each muffin cup. Top off with more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Until top is golden with a crust. Use a toothpick to check it the insides are fully bakes. Should be moist and fluffy.